Cistercian Abbey Mauchline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cistercian Abbey Mauchline

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

arrival Bolsius

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bolsius

arrival Bolsius Empty
PostSubject: arrival Bolsius   arrival Bolsius Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep - 14:49

Bolsius arrives at the abbey

he wants to give his promise for the cistercians
Back to top Go down
Firinne

arrival Bolsius Empty
PostSubject: Re: arrival Bolsius   arrival Bolsius Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep - 7:20

I greet Bolsius at the gate and hear what he has to say, but rather than joy my looks turn to sorrow.

I wish I could receive your oaths, and give you the teaching that precedes them. But even in our day of grand opening, we are faced with difficulty. Of the monks who were to be the heart of the Abbey two have fallen gravely ill and died; and two more have been called away on matters of grave urgency in their home parishes. That leaves but me.. and most of my time has been spent at the infirmary, recovering from a recent injury. Beyond that, there is a matter of faith I need to resolve.

I cannot give you what you seek, much as I would like to.

It is the wish of my heart that this abbey will one day serve as it was meant to - as an island of tranquility for any weary soul, a spiritual haven in the cause of Jah. But that is not happening today. All I can offer is instructions.. and my fondest wish that you do as I one did, and learn the Cistercian way at the parent abbey at Noirlac. These days it is easier as than it was as the lessons can also be given in English.

One day soon we will have enough monks here from Scotland, Ireland, and England, and Mauchline Abbey can help make the world a better place. But, to my sorrow.. that day has not come yet.

http://cistercien.forumactif.com/ is the Noirlac URL.
Back to top Go down
bolsius

arrival Bolsius Empty
PostSubject: Re: arrival Bolsius   arrival Bolsius Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep - 11:36

Dear ,

I had my teaching in France and already gives my oath.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

arrival Bolsius Empty
PostSubject: Re: arrival Bolsius   arrival Bolsius Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

arrival Bolsius
Page 1 of 1